Summer Solstice | Planetary Bolo Tie
Certainly one of our most unique designs! Reminiscent of a midsummer celebration.
This is a bolo tie which has a planetary gear which interfaces with 3 gears in the piece. Spin the big circular gear and the rest will spin.
The "4th gear" option has a gear running on the bottom of the planetary gear where the gemstone is seen.
When choosing where to place gemstones: position 1, 2, 3, and 4 are the rivets down the middle. 5 and 6 are on the left side of the image, while 7 and 8 are on the right side of the image.Variation shown has:
- Small First Gear
- Black Gears
- Gemstone: Opalite in position 2 and 4
- For most of our jewellery you can choose between our thick brass gears for some weight, or thin gears in either brass or anodized aluminum. We have the full rainbow, plus black and white (clearcoated aluminum) for anodized aluminum.
- We use stainless steel, anodized aluminum, and brass as our materials. They can stand the pressure put on the gears better than traditional precious metals like gold and silver.
- We can make our pendant gears in silver and gold, but we cannot do that with the Gearings because of the complexity of their creation.
- The gears do interlock and will spin together at your touch! (but not on their own)