On the Horizon | Pendant
The future starts with a new sunrise, each day.
The designs used in this piece were designed by Andrew Holloway. If you've followed us on social media then you've seen his work! He is a talented jeweller and metal artist who recently graduated out of the Alberta University of the Arts. He draws a lot of his inspiration from his Stoney Nakoda heritage which combines striking geometry with nature motifs.
Price is without a gemstone.
Size without bale: 28mm x 35mm
Look for the Sizing Information tab on this page for more information.
Variation 1 shown has:
- Gears: Red Gears
- Gemstone: Blue Dyed White Jade in position 2
- Diamond Bale
Variation 2 shown has:
- Gears: Thick Brass Gears
- Diamond Bale
- We have a variety of gemstones you can use to add color to your piece! they are all 6mm cabochons. When you go to add a gemstone you will see a digital rendering of each kind. We have gone to extreme lengths to ensure that the digital renderings of gemstones are as accurate to the real stones as possible, but if you want to see images of the real stones you can find them here.
- If we run out of a gemstone that you order in your piece we will contact you to resolve the situation.
- We use stainless steel, anodized aluminum, and brass as our materials. They can stand the pressure put on the gears better than traditional precious metals like gold and silver.
- We can make our pendant gears in silver and gold, but we cannot do that with the Gearings because of the complexity of their creation.
- Our plates are made of stainless steel and do not contain nickel. They are also non-magnetic.
- For most of our jewellery you can choose between our thick brass gears for some weight, or thin gears in either brass or anodized aluminum. We have the full rainbow, plus black and white (clearcoated aluminum) for anodized aluminum.
- The gears do interlock and will spin together at your touch! (but not on their own)
- Our bezels for gemstones are about 6.4mm in diameter and add about 3mm of height wherever there is a gemstone. Rivets are 3.3mm around and add 1.7mm of height.
- Size listed for pendants is without the bale. The bale adds about 8-9mm to the total length of the pendant.
- Thickness is 4.6mm for thin gear pendants and 7.6mm for thick gear pendants unless stated otherwise.
- Gearless pendants come at the 4.6mm thickness.
- The planetary gears are about 44mm in diameter.
- The shepherd hooks we use will make the steel plates hang about 9mm down from the where they are hanging.
- The length of the leather cord we use is 91.44cm (36in)
- Size listed for bolo ties is only for the pendant-like portion.