Abstract Square Butterfly | Large Pendant
Upon seeing one of our other designs, we had a client request this one!
Price is without gemstones.
Size without finding: 39mm x 52mm
The thickness of plates and gears in this piece is 7mm when using thin gears, and 10mm when using thick gears.
Look for the Sizing Information tab on this page for more information.
Variation 1 shown has:
- Gears: Thin Purple Gear in Position 1, Thin Red Gear in Position 2, Thin White Gear in Position 3
- Split Bale
This piece was designed in 2021 by Edward Jaworenko.
- We have a variety of gemstones you can use to add color to your piece! they are all 6mm cabochons. When you go to add a gemstone you will see a digital rendering of each kind (also shown below). We have gone to extreme lengths to ensure that the digital renderings of gemstones are as accurate to the real stones as possible, but if you want to see images of the real stones you can find them here.
- If we run out of a gemstone that you order in your piece we will contact you to resolve the situation.
- We use stainless steel, anodized aluminum, and brass as our materials. They can stand the pressure put on the gears better than traditional precious metals like gold and silver.
- We can make our pendant gears in silver and gold, but we cannot do that with the Gearings because of the complexity of their creation.
- Our plates are made of stainless steel and do not contain nickel. They are also non-magnetic.
- For most of our jewellery you can choose between our thick brass gears for some weight, or thin gears in either brass or anodized aluminum. We have the full rainbow, plus black and white (clearcoated aluminum) for anodized aluminum.
- The gears do interlock and will spin together at your touch! (but not on their own)
- Want to buy a piece, but don't see any designs that appeal to you? Reach out to us and we can work with you to create a listing just for you!
- If you want a totally custom design it is possible, but will cost more than the listings that you see here because of the extra work involved both to design plates and cut them by hand.
- Because we make all pieces to-order, we use digital renders for most of our product images so that we can explore the huge number of possible designs you can achieve with our system.
Bezel and Rivet Height:
- Our bezels for gemstones are about 6.4mm in diameter and add about 3mm of height wherever there is a gemstone. Rivets are 3.3mm around and add 1.7mm of height.
- Size listed for pendants is without the bale. The bale adds about 8-9mm to the total length of the pendant.
- Thickness is 4.6mm for thin gear pendants and 7.6mm for thick gear pendants unless stated otherwise.
- Gearless pendants come at the 4.6mm thickness.
- The planetary gears are about 44mm in diameter.
- The shepherd hooks we use will are 21 gauge wire.
- Designs hang about 9mm down from where your piercing is.
- The length of the leather cord we use is 91.44cm (36in)
- Size listed for bolo ties is only for the pendant-like portion.