The Gearing is a unique spinner ring. You can wear it alone, or use it as a component in a larger piece of jewellery to work a mechanism. This versatility drove all of the First Edition ideas for Armet jewellery, and we continue to use it in some of the newer pieces as well.
Where it all began. When Dylan Puddu approached Jeff de Boer and Dave Sangra they began developing and manufacturing the Gearing based on a hand-built prototype by Dylan.
Will it fit?
To add ease to buying Gearings, we have supplied the inner diameter of the rings here as an aid to what the sizes represent. Why? Throughout the world, there actually isn't a single consistent sizing chart that everyone follows, so the real dimensions should clarify what we are offering (particularly if you have a means of measuring your fingers or rings you currently have, such as a set of calipers).
The width of the rings are 5.5mm.
Inner Diameter in mm:
Size 6: 16.65mm
Size 7: 17.25mm
Size 10: 19.6mm
Size 11: 20.4mm
Size 14: 23.1mm
- We have a variety of gemstones you can use to add color to your piece! they are all 6mm cabochons. When you go to add a gemstone you will see a digital rendering of each kind. We have gone to extreme lengths to ensure that the digital renderings of gemstones are as accurate to the real stones as possible, but if you want to see images of the real stones you can find them here.
- If we run out of a gemstone that you order in your piece we will contact you to resolve the situation.
- We use stainless steel, anodized aluminum, and brass as our materials. They can stand the pressure put on the gears better than traditional precious metals like gold and silver.
- We can make our pendant gears in silver and gold, but we cannot do that with the Gearings because of the complexity of their creation.
- Our plates are made of stainless steel and do not contain nickel. They are also non-magnetic.
- For most of our jewellery you can choose between our thick brass gears for some weight, or thin gears in either brass or anodized aluminum. We have the full rainbow, plus black and white (clearcoated aluminum) for anodized aluminum.
- The gears do interlock and will spin together at your touch! (but not on their own)
- Our bezels for gemstones are about 6.4mm in diameter and add about 3mm of height wherever there is a gemstone. Rivets are 3.3mm around and add 1.7mm of height.
- Size listed for pendants is without the bale. The bale adds about 8-9mm to the total length of the pendant.
- Thickness is 4.6mm for thin gear pendants and 7.6mm for thick gear pendants unless stated otherwise.
- Gearless pendants come at the 4.6mm thickness.
- The planetary gears are about 44mm in diameter.
- The shepherd hooks we use will make the steel plates hang about 9mm down from the where they are hanging.
- The length of the leather cord we use is 91.44cm (36in)
- Size listed for bolo ties is only for the pendant-like portion.